Sunday, August 23, 2009

What A Difference One Year Makes!

Today is August 23rd, 2009. It was exactly one year ago today that Josh and I found out that we were expecting a new bundle of joy. I remember the excitement and overwhelming joy we felt. The two of us were beyond ready to open our homes, lives and hearts to a new baby. It felt completely surreal that we were going to have the chance to actually do it. It was also unbelievable that our timing was exactly perfect. I can still remember my big sisters telling me that it wasn't possible to plan it out. I told them that we could still try. :) Ultimately I remember feeling like everything was too good to be true. I had no clue how much of a miracle the entire process was! Now that I have that life experience behind me, I can still look back in amazement and awe. Josh and I now have a beautiful, healthy, loving, adorable and perfect for us baby boy! I couldn't have dreamt a life better than what we have. Owen has brought us an immense amount of joy and happiness. Through him we experience life's small joys and it is a journey that Josh and I are both thankful for every day!

In honor of this special day, I would like to take a picture walk down memory.












What a difference a year makes! I know that the next year will be full of learning new things, discovering the world around us and an overabundance of love and happiness! I can't wait to be a part of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment